Thursday 23 April 2009

UNEARTHED ???

This little softie was unearthed by my Dad last week in his loft! I cannot believe it is still intact!


I made this little elephant when I was about ten years old (27 years ago - yikes!!!!). At school, we were tasked with making an apron, an owl pillow, a cross stitch, etc. before we could choose a project of our own to complete. I decided to make this elephant and remember vividly attaching the sequins and completing the embroidery!
I felt a little strange when my Dad gave it to me as it is so much like the brooches that I make now - felt, embroidery, tiny stitches. My little boy loves it! Hope you do too!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Jane

I just had to leave a comment when I saw the elephant - it definately has your unique style, in fact, it is your signature.

Keep up the excellent designs and I love receiving the newsletter.

Kindest regards, Rosemary

Caroline and Jayne said...

i love it xx
stunning work too, why don't you come over to www.fiskarettes.co.uk and share some of your work ? we are also running a DT call , a competition and Blog candy & that's just this month :) It's free to join up.
x jayne x