Monday 7 September 2009

POTS OF POTATOES

My dad planted some potatoes earlier in the year for me in two large tubs (as I don't have enough room in my garden for a vegetable patch). I have been itching to put my hand into the tubs and discover what has happened over the summer months!

Yesterday, I decided to unearth the rsults.
These are the postatoes from the first tub - I'm not sure ofthe variety but they have very smooth skins and I took out about 4 lbs.
These are the potatoes from the second tub - they are called anya potatoes - they have a nutty distinctive taste and are quite 'knobbly'. These were a bit of an experiment. We took some out of a bag from the local supermarket and let them go to seed. I am delighted with the results!

2 comments:

Pomona said...

You have done well! Homegrown potatoes taste so nice, too!

Pomona x

karenshopes said...

Theres nothing quite like growing and eating your own food. You'll be addicted now.
Karen