Wednesday 12 September 2012

How Time Flies......

How Time Flies.............five months since my last blog post!!!!  Summer appeared for a very short period of time and disappeared as quick!!!


The childrens' summer holidays flew over and the Olympics kept everyone entertained day and night!

In the meantime, I have been busy designing new wares for my etsy shop and stocking galleries and shops; old and new! 

Owl pins are now listed in my etsy shop...



 ...along with Dala horses.

I have also been working on some reversible fabric collars with a ribbon fastening.  Easy to wear and one size fits all.  The one below was my first attempt and I am in the process of making several more in various fabrics.  They are ideal for 'dressing up' a plain t shirt or jumper and seem to be the ultimate fall/winter fashion accessory!  

The picture below is a drawing of mine that I have had printed on to white cotton via the Spoonflower website.  I have added the felt flowers and hand embroidered them on to the fabric.  These framed pieces of art will form part of the 20 x 20 (for £20) exhibition at Mushroom works gallery in Newcastle at the end of November.  I will also be exhibiting several more designs alongside several other local north east artists.  This exhibition is ideal if you are looking for a unique Christmas gift but it's advisable to be there early on preview night as the framed pieces tend to disappear very quickly!


I am exhibiting at the Daisy Green handpicked market at the Shipley Art Gallery in Gateshead next Saturday from 10am - 4pm.  I will have a wide selection of my work for sale and it would be lovely if you could pop along xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say how impressively beautiful I find your work. Everything I see on your blog, I find absolutely captivating. I just love your owl pins.