Monday 25 May 2009

A GRAND WEEKEND

Hope you have had a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend (although it has just started to rain). The weather has been glorious and we have just returned from a trip to Hitchin (Hertfordshire) to see my brother, his wife and beautiful son.

Whilst away we visited the Imperial War Museum at Duxford - for the boys! However, I must admit it was quite exciting to climb aboard Concord!

On Sunday we drove to Hatfield House - a Jacobean House set on a spectacular countryside estate.


Elizabeth I spent much of her childhood here. In November 1558, followng the death of her sister Mary Tudor, Elizabeth held her first Council of State in the Great Hall. In the park, an oak tree marks the place where the young Elizabeth first heard of her ascension to the throne.

The gardens are exquisite.....
Flag iris.......

Alliums........

And even giant teacups......... I felt like Alice in Wonderland!!!

I did manage to squeeze in a little bit of embroidery whilst I was away too - five pocketful of posies completed!

1 comment:

cynth said...

jane, i just came across your blog and your etsy site because i am getting into embroidery myself. i am amazed, impressed, and totally in love with all of your designs! they are gorgeous and visually stunning. do you have any recommendations for good books on embroidery and applique?