Sunday 20 December 2009

A BIT OF A BREAK.....................

In recent days I have hardly sewn. As Christmas approaches, there are so many christmassy things to do - buying gifts, wrapping gifts, sending cards, trips to the post office and so the list goes on. I still have shopping to do and time is running out!

I eventually dressed the Christmas tree last weekend - the ornaments on our tree have been collected over a period of about twelve years. I make a point of buying a couple of new decorations every year! I don't have any room for tinsel!!!


This is the latest ornament to join our Christmas toys. Peter picked him courtesy of our generous neighbour - Susan! Susan will be so embarrassed when she sees her name mentioned!! I love him - especially his gold boots - so glam - don't you think?

***********
On a totally different subject, here is a free recipe from carnation for raspberry and white chocolate cookies (www.carnation.co.uk/cookies). I have often made cookies at home but I usually either overcook or undercook them. However, this recipe is a godsend. It includes carnation milk. The end result is superb. Unfortunately the batch I made disappeared before I had the chance to put the icing on!


***********
The title of this post refers to my break from sewing. However, I don't think that I have mentioned that I cannot just sit during the evening and watch the television or read. I have to be busy with my hands. Although I haven't been sewing, I have been crocheting!

What do you think this is????

Have you guessed?
It is...... a new scarf especially for me!!!!

I found the pattern in a small book entitled VOGUE KNITTING - Crocheted Scarves!

It only took me a couple of nights to crochet but it was a bit of a 'labour of love'. There are 72 motifs to sew together which seemed to take the best part of two hours but I think it was worth it!

3 comments:

Mrs Gibson said...

Your tree is very pretty and I LOVE your work. Just the most delicious felt items and embroidery I have seen in ages, really really beautiful.

leyya said...

wow you have very originally wors.

Caroline and Jayne said...

wish i could crochet !!!!
We are a craft blog and love to share craft projects why don't you pop over to us www.fiskarettes.co.uk and show us some of your amazing work x