Two of my favourite foods - chocolate and raspberries!
Put the two together and what do you get - Chocolate and Raspberry Roulade!!!!!
2tsp instant coffee granules
100g/4oz plain chocolate (melted)
4 large eggs - separated
100g/4oz caster sugar
1/2 pint double cream
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 11 x 13 inch swiss roll tin with baking paper.
2. Blend the coffee to a smooth paste with 1 tablespoon of warm water, Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooled, melted chocolate and coffee mixture.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then gradually fold into the chocolate mixture.
4. Spread the mixture into the tin and bake for about 15 mins until firm to touch. Cool in the tin on a wire rack
5. Once cool, sprinkle a large sheet of greaseproof with icing sugar and turn the vake out on to it.
6. Spread the roulade with whipped double cream and sprinkle over the raspberries. Roll up the cake using the paper as a guide. Serve with sifted icing sugar.